You have bought a new DELL EMC Unity Storage. Due to some policies, you cannot install Connection Utility or Command Line tool to initialize the Storage.
How will you proceed forward !!
" Unity Storage has Service IP address hard coded on the Service Port. However, you cannot directly access the IP address."
So How does it works ???
1. You need to first download the IPMI Tool from "support.emc.com" site. After downloading Install this. Default path of installation is C:\IPMItool
2. Have the Service IP Information noted down:
SP A Service IP: 188.8.131.52
SP B Service IP: 184.108.40.206
3. Connect to SP A or SP B Service Port Using the LAN Cable to your laptop.
Service Port is the port on left bottom of below pic marked with a wrench symbol
4. Assign below IP address to the Laptop
Laptop IP Address: 220.127.116.11 / Subnet: 255.255.255.0
5. Open Command Prompt and change the default location to C:\IPMItool. Run below command:
ipmitool.exe -I lanplus -C 3 -U console -P <passwordbg> -H <host> sol activate
Password is the Serial No of Unity Storage. You can find it on PSNT Tag on back or front side of storage physically.
Host is the IP address of Service SP A or SP B mentioned above already.
6. Once you run the above command, you will see the SP Login Prompt. Enter the default credentials.
One fun exercise here... Username is admin or service. You need to find out what the default password is !!!
7. Run below command to configure the IP address and Hostname for your Unity Storage:
svc_initial_config –a –f <hostname> -n “<IP Address> <Netmask> <Gateway>”
Hostname is the hostname you want to confgure
IP address is the Mgmt IP address
Netmask is Subnet Mask
Gateway is default gateway
After the command succeeds. You need to connect to the Management port of SP and ping the configured IP address.
All the best !