VNX UNIFIED POWER OFF:
- Verify that there are no faults on the storage
- Before powering down the storage:
- Stop any replication
- Ensure Hosts are not accessing the data
- Connect to the Control Station using Putty. Login using nasadmin and su to root user
- Halt the Control Station and Data Movers using below command. Enter Yes when prompted to power off.
- # /nasmcd/sbin/nas_halt now
Note: On the front of a successfully powered down DME, the enclosure amber fault LED is lit and the enclosure power LED is Not lit.
Only the networking indication LED(last LED in front from right) may be lit on a successfully powered down Control Station. All other LEDs on the front of the Control Station are off.
- Power-Off the Storage Processors by turning the SPS Switches to off position on both SPS. This should take around 5-10 minutes
- Remove the Power Cables
VNX UNIFIED POWER ON:
Note: Do not connect the power cables of all the components at once
- Turn on the SPS power switches to ON position. Wait for both SPs to boot 10-15 min.
- Connect the power cables of Data Movers to the PDU and wait for data movers to power up.
- Wait around 5 minutes to ensure data movers have booted up.
- Connect the Power cables for the Control Station. You may need to push the power button.
- Once all the components are up verify the health from Unisphere.